AR supported meetings to reduce the need of business travels
Our application is an advanced communication tool creating a more personal meeting experience online which should decrease business travels. Moreover, our solution provides a way to make smart travel choices and visualize and quantify cost and CO2 emission savings for the company.
Around 30% percent of all air travel is related to business travel. Many times such meetings don’t require very personal contact (for example updating colleagues). In such cases the travel could be replaced with an advanced meeting solution that fixes all the annoyances of current virtual meeting apps.
In addition, companies are experiencing more demand to become more sustainable.
In a globalized world, business is happening everyday, everywhere, there are no boundaries. Companies are sending their employees on business trips all over the world. But does it still make sense to have physical meetings in the digital era?
When you look at the real costs, the answer is no.
We are not (only) talking about the amount of time and money spent in organizing, traveling and reporting a trip. We are not talking about the stress and the feeling of losing time to get to the airport, to not being able to work in an uncomfortable plane… well we’re talking about that too, but especially:
We are talking about the time you could spend with your family or doing sports.
We are talking about the impact your trip is having on climate change.
We are talking about the world you’re building and leaving to your grandchildren.
Ok, and how to solve it? You might say: we already have skype, we have WebEx, we have GoToMeeting… but do these services really provide the experience of meeting someone in person?
AiM (Augmented interactive Meeting) does. We combine the cutting-edge technologies in a software tool which will transport you into the new dimension of personal interaction online. Coupled with a smart travel decision making tool and a cost and CO2 savings score for the company.
Our solution consists of a pair of smart glasses, e.g. google glasses and a software on the computer or an app version for smartphones.
- Shared whiteboard, shared computer screen, shared paper notepads
- Connection qualitative check and visualisation score
- Noise cancelling technology: We are going to use already existing technologies to achieve that.
- External microphone for noise cancelling (home pot): This is an optionally used device in order to cancel the noise around and to improve the noise cancelling of the former feature.
- Smiley options to appraise participants: Normal smiley on the avatar/profile/picture of each participant on the software.
- Audio tracking voice to text transcript: We will use existing technologies e.g. Google dictating technology.
- Note taking option: Participants can tell the software to take notes of specific content that will be automatically shared with all participants after the meeting (voice-to-text / machine learning)
- Real-time google language translations as well as poorly spoken english to clearly spoken high english: Already existing technology which can be compatible to our software.
- Change volume for each person: The user is going to handle the volume of each person from his avatar.
- Eye tracking to focus on person (glasses do the tracking): The users’ eyes are being tracked in order to change among participants and then see one person in the upper part of your smart glasses.
- People are being shown in glasses.
- A smart board can be connected: This is an optional feature so as an existing whiteboard in the conference call to be connected with the rest of the participants.
- Feedback option at end (optional): All the participants receive a notification, in order to evaluate the content of the call.
- Security issues (Two point security for login): For higher control in the login and in order to prevent that somebody else logs in, a two point security is implemented.