Current patterns of urban development that are highly unsustainable, such as, inefficient use of resources, unsustainable mobility and housing made environmental footprint of Novi Sad alarming and led Novi Sad to be one of the cities with highest level of air pollution. Climate change mitigation and greening Novi Sad is therefore a key challenge.
How may young people and innovative technology solutions support a sustainable urbanization of Novi Sad? Solutions could focus on (but not limited to):
- Sustainable housing and low emission infrastructure
- Sustainable urban mobility for greener cities
- Smart and safe cities through new technologies and digitalization
- Circular economy: managing waste as a resource
- Mainstreaming green growth into urban management
Technology proposed as part of solutions to help Novi Sad and its citizens move to the green growth path while urbanizing, needs to be replicable to other cities of Serbia and other countries in the Balkans.
Solutions that are coming from 24 hours workshop should be bankable.